Internship – Resort Development (Hotels) Universal Creative (Spring 2020)
At Universal Creative, we design, develop and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable to drive growth for Universal Parks & Resorts worldwide. Our innovative attractions, immersive theme parks and world-class resorts fuse art and technology to create new standards in the themed entertainment industry.
Our Team Members are the driving force behind Universal Creative. With their diverse skills and forward-thinking ideas, our team pushes us beyond the boundaries of what’s possible to achieve the extraordinary. Together, we’re creating a Universe of fun, always ensuring the next thing we do is better than the last thing we did.
JOB SUMMARY: Introduction to Universal Hotel design, development and construction. Assist design and project management teams with architecture and construction to achieve immediate, short and long term milestones.
- Participate in architectural design development with Universal Creative and design consultants.
- Organize and maintain drawing revision comments and ensure all revisions are incorporated.
- Design Administration
- Utilize and maintain schedule and document management to track and record project performance
- Provide design solutions to architects and contractors during design development and construction phases.
- Review site conditions with design team to ensure work complies with design documents.
- Prepare concept packages, including sketches, elevations and plans for presentations.
- Inform management of productivity, quality control and document management.
- Ensure construction work complies with all architectural and engineering standards,codes, specifications and design documents
- Coordinate inspections with consultants and authorities as required.
- Review and interpretation of plans, detail sheets and specifications for contractors and subcontractors.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- In pursuit of an Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution with current class standing of Senior or Master’s Student.
- Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA is preferred.
- An official transcript may be required upon request.
- Preferred majors may include: Interior Design, Architecture
Preferable skills for success in role includes but not limited to:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Software familiarity of Photoshop, Illustrator, AutoCAD, SketchUp, and/or Bluebeam are a plus
- Knowledge of concept design, quick sketch ability, clear understanding of construction drawings.
- Architectural skills required, hotel design experience a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities and organization.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams.
- Consistent attendance.
If applicable, please include a link to your portfolio of your work or upload via option via application.
Please note the following:
- Universal Creative does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Spring internships are approximately from January 2020 – April 2020.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.