Internship – Project Management – Hotels (Spring 2020)
Universal Creative is seeking unique and bold talent to grow with us as we envision, design and deliver innovative attractions, exhilarating experiences, world-class resorts and immersive parks around the globe. Join us in creating a Universe of fun!
JOB SUMMARY: Assist project management team with architecture and construction to achieve immediate, short and long term milestones and goals. The ideal candidate will also assist with the planning, coordination, and execution of projects, field data collection and testing,e valuation and development of technical solutions, and collaboration with fellow engineers, designers, clients, contractors, and managers
- Participate in development and construction with Universal Creative and Design Consultants
- Construction administration (RFI, submittals, meeting minutes)
- Utilize and maintain schedule and document management to track and record project performance
- Inform management of productivity, quality control and document management. Notify management of any issues that affect design, quality, budget, progress and safety
- Ensure construction work complies with all architectural and engineering standards, codes, specifications and design documents
- Review and interpretation of plans, detail sheets and specifications of contractors and sub-contractors
- Actively visit construction sites to review project progress
- Work with t he project team to proactively manage project to achieve quality, schedule, budget, and safety
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution with current class standing of Junior or above.
- Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA is preferred.
- An official transcript may be required upon request.
- Preferred majors may include: Engineering, Construction Management
Key skills for success in role includes but not limited to:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Software familiarity of Adobe, and/or BlueBeam are a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of constriction drawings
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem solving abilities and organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams.
- Consistent attendance.
Please note the following:
- Universal Creative does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Spring internships are approximately from January 2020 – April 2020.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
IT’S A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.