Coordinator, Technical – (Universal Creative)
Universal Creative is the planning and development division of Universal Parks and Resorts™, which is one of the many businesses within NBCUniversal™. We are ideally situated in Orlando, Florida, which has become widely known as the theme park and resort capital of the world. We are responsible for the design, development, and delivery of all resort and theme park concepts for all of Universal vacation destinations worldwide – Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, as well as a new destination coming in Beijing, China. Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world.
What sets Universal Creative apart?
We rarely wear suits. We think pop culture is fascinating and newsworthy. We are aware that possibilities are not limited by today’s realities. We know that everyone has good ideas (and the occasional bad one as well). We know that the world is large and varied, and that we touch all of it. We know that most high school guidance counselors don’t know our jobs exist. We know that if this were easy, everyone would be doing it. We know that there is an eclectic assortment of talented people from various professional backgrounds at the heart of Universal Creative. In addition, we embrace the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience. We are a diverse group, but united by a common goal: to dream and deliver the best possible out-of-home entertainment for people from every walk of life. In order to make that happen, Universal Creative relies on collaboration, hard work, synchronicity, a bit of luck, and a bunch of talented, experienced people who do not let ego and turf stand in the way of brilliance. We depend on a team of people who understand the task, the business implications, and refuse to be defeated by the challenge to fuse fantasy with physics. Universal Creative embraces ‘The Universal Way’ by not just meeting guest expectations, but exceeding them, every time.
JOB SUMMARY: Technical Coordinators are primarily responsible for preparing and managing all overall ride/show engineering project correspondence as well as the overall administrative/document controls and clerical functions that are critical to the development of large multi-faceted themed attractions and ensuring these are completed in accordance with established policies and procedures. This includes the oversight of all the related project development, facility and construction functions, including accurate and timely entry of ride/show action items and/or processes; Vault construction daily reports, project meeting minutes, project scope records; and tracking systems for ride show engineering project team.
- Initiates and manages various action items or processes. This includes, but is not limited to Document Controls, A&E, General Contractor, and any tier Sub Contractor Meeting Minutes, Request for Information (RFIs), Notices, Transmittals, Correspondence, Spreadsheets, Draft Contracts / Agreements, NoteVault Construction Daily Reports and Close Out Documentation based on established policies and procedures.
- Coordinates with other department coordinators as required to ensure full information integration within the entire project team and reviews all project status data as received from the Responsible Individuals (RIs) in order to report status updates to Project Management on an on-going basis. Data is critical to monthly senior management reporting.
- Partners with the Legal Department to communicate with contractors/vendors as needed by providing project updates, scope revisions and schedule changes to ensure contractors/vendors remain informed on project status at all times.
- Partners with Finance to ensure accurate commitment of project expenditures and to administer invoices and payments according to contractual obligations and ensures timely and accurate processing.
- Responsible for identifying ways to improve the efficiency/accuracy of the project documentation process which is critical to maintenance of overall project schedule.
- Prepares overall project correspondence. Assists with the implementation and compliance of established project documentation policies and procedures.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school degree or GED is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering/Technical related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years project management / construction / engineering / technical theater related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office software required and Prolog management system preferred.
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the construction field.
- Strong and effective communicator, both verbally and written, with ability to interface with various departments of the company, as well as outside vendors and contractors.
- Possess good organizational, analytical and problem solving ability.
- Detail oriented with proven ability to orchestrate and execute multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment using resources effectively and efficiently.
- Represent the company at all times with high moral and ethical conduct.
- Proven ability to work independently with little to no direction and maintain a strong focus on business priorities and be persistent in follow-through.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
IT’S A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. © 2019 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.