Internship – Instructional Design & Technical Writing – Universal Creative (Spring 2020)
Universal Creative is seeking unique and bold talent to grow with us as we envision, design and deliver innovative attractions, exhilarating experiences, world-class resorts and immersive parks around the globe. Join us in creating a Universe of fun!
JOB SUMMARY: Support development and advancement of Show/Ride documentation, training, and guidance resources.
- Collaborate with SMEs to produce ride/show technical content
- Support the development and administration of technical training and documentation; this includes the development of templates, writing, graphics, and other forms of technical communication
- Participate in general Ride/Show initiatives, including but not limited to: SharePoint development and on-boarding
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution with current class standing of Junior or above.
- Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA is preferred.
- An official transcript may be required upon request.
- Preferred majors may include: Instructional Design, Business Writing, Technical Writing
Preferable skills for success in role includes but not limited to:
- Theme Park experience
- Strong proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and SharePoint) is required
- have an understanding of Articulate Storyline, Visio, Sharepoint or 3D modeling software required
- Superior written & verbal communication skills.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams.
- Consistent attendance.
- Strongly preferred – Technical Writing, Business & professional writing ability
- Instructional Design exposure
- Technical Communications
- Intern will focus on project based technical writing for the purpose of creating process flow documents for vendor products & applications.
- Intern will be asked to submit a (non-proprietary) writing sample of previous work.
Please note the following:
- Universal Creative does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Spring internships are approximately from the end of January 2020 – April 2020.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
IT’S A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.