Internship – Patent Management – Universal Creative (Spring 2020)
Universal Creative is seeking unique and bold talent to grow with us as we envision, design and deliver innovative attractions, exhilarating experiences, world-class resorts and immersive parks around the globe. Join us in creating a Universe of fun!
JOB SUMMARY: Assist with management, oversight, and scheduling of patent program. Assisting with filing and/or conflict resolution related to patent activities, patent research, invoice tracking, and document review.
- Provide interface with consulting patent attorneys for patent issues
- Conduct prior art searches and coordinate search results for in – house and outside consultants
- Collect and assemble prior art work and written documentation for patent attorneys
- Manage invoices, maintenance fees, and schedule for Universal patents
- Coordinate correspondence to and from US Patent Office with consulting patent attorneys
- Maintain current and comprehensive database of all granted and pending patents affecting Universal and the industry
- Participate in Patent Award program
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution with current class standing of Junior or above.
- Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA is preferred.
- An official transcript may be required upon request.
- Preferred majors may include Law or Patent Law, as well as Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other Engineering majors.
Preferable skills for success in role includes but not limited to:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint
- Exceptional research skills
- Familiarity with patent process
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities and organization.
- Superior written & verbal communication skills.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams.
- Consistent attendance.
Please note the following:
- Universal Creative does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Spring Internships are approximately from January 2020 to May 2020.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
IT’S A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.