Engineer I, Mechanical – Utilities
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts™, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: Performs basic engineering support to provide for increased reliability and operational performance of building environment systems, such as, heating, cooling, humidity, lighting, and building management controls associate with theme park and back of house facilities. Evaluates condition and operational performance of building environment systems, including, chiller plants and boilers, and recommends maintenance programs, repair, replacement, and planned improvements. Duties include troubleshooting, root cause analysis, redesign assignments, programming building management controls and test and start-up of implemented improvements. All work shall be compliant with applicable codes, regulations, and standards, including: ASHRAE, ASME, ASTM, ANSI, NEC, and PSHA, among others.
- Performs evaluations of existing and proposed building environment systems with a focus on improving reliability, improving occupant comfort, and reducing operation and maintenance expenses. Performs energy audits and retro-commissioning of existing buildings. Recommends modifications to lighting, heating, and cooling systems, including, boilers, chiller plants, and chilled water distribution systems, and building management system controls. Performs design modifications and implements solutions to improve safety, reliability, cost effectiveness, and serviceability of building environment systems.
- Manages assigned projects from design through installation to include developing project scopes, budgets, schedules, construction observations, testing, and training.
- Develops and conducts Acceptance Test Procedures on building environment systems modifications, generates maintenance procedures and prepares maintenance and/or operation manual updates.
- Interfaces with Facilities Supervisors and Managers to resolve building operation problems and design issues. Coordinates engineering activities between Facilities Supervisors, Managers, technicians, and other internal department personnel as necessary.
- Monitors and interfaces with vendors/equipment manufacturers to resolve problems and design issues. Prepares and reviews equipment specifications and performs technical evaluations of emerging vendor products/services.
- Performs engineering calculations for design analysis, test, and implementation of building environment system improvements. Writes new or modifies existing building management system code and programs system controllers.
- Provides project status of assigned task list items to Facilities Supervisors, Managers, technicians, and other internal department personnel as necessary. Updates project status via Maximo on a regular basis.
Guest Experience Expectations: Takes ownership of the Guest Experience by consistently demonstrating company Service Expectations and adhering to company appearance and wardrobe guidelines. Actively incorporates company Service Expectations into their work and ensures that these become an inherent part of the operation on a daily basis. Utilizes these practices to proactively offer personalized options that exceed Guest and/or Team Member expectations. Fully embodies the company Service Expectations and provides service the Universal Way.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree is required – Mechanical Engineering degree with an emphasis on building environment systems from an accredited four-year college or university.
- 3-5 years demonstrated project engineering experience with 1 year of project management experience in an engineering environment pertaining to the design, implementation and optimization of building environment systems required.
- 2 years field experience with building energy audits, commissioning or retro-commissioning required.
- 3-5 years “Hands-on” experience with building management control system optimization and programming required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Analytical skills to perform engineering calculations for design, analysis, test and implementation of building environment systems.
- Proven ability to work with team members of diverse experience and educational backgrounds.
- Proficient in reading and interpreting engineering plans and specifications.
- Experience with generating drawings, specifications, acceptance test procedures and maintenance/training documents.
- Proficient in developing and tracking project budgets and schedules.
- Knowledgeable in NEC, ASHRAE, ANSI, ASME and ASTM standards.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Professional Engineer license is desired but not required
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.