Here at Universal Parks & Resorts™, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for all aspects of Universal Parks and Resorts Global Datacenter Services infrastructure. Provides support and proactively performs maintenance and make improvements to managed systems. This role requires 24×7 support availability by participating in an on-call rotation schedule. Attention to detail and a certain degree of creativity and latitude required. This position is based in Orlando, Florida and may require travel to other NBCUniversal parks and properties on occasion.
- Manages and maintains global data center system’s hardware and operating system configurations.
- Manages and maintains core system applications: messaging, virtualization, business continuity, and data protection.
- Meets NBCUNI compliance standards by performing patching, backups, and vulnerability remediation
- Provide technical support for all systems within UPT Global Datacenter Services Infrastructure.
- Ability to deliver results accurately and timely in a dynamic work environment and understand when issues require a sense of urgency.
- Able to make decision with minimal supervision and to be resourceful with an aptitude for to researching and resolving technical or, operational issues.
- Must demonstrate ability to handle multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously.
- Must have the ability to interface and influence at a professional level with other members the organization.
- Must have the ability to travel for training, conferences or supported business locations.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet timelines and objectives.
- Understand Load Balancing technologies and techniques.
- In-Depth knowledge of Windows and Linux Server Operating Systems.
- Must have experience and understand Virtualization Technologies, monitoring and alerting.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology preferred or equivalent experience.
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 Years Systems Administration experience preferred in the following areas
- Managing and deploying LTM/GTM platforms
- Managing automation tools in an enterprise environment.
- Managing DNS
- Managing Server systems in an enterprise environment
- Virtualization, Compute and Storage technologies
- Backup Technologies
- Microsoft Active Directory
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Microsoft MCSA, VMware VCA, Redhat RHCSA, F5-CA/F5-CTS, or other relevant certifications preferred.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.