Producer, Audio – Universal's Epic Universe
At Universal Creative, we design, develop and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable to drive growth for Universal Parks & Resorts worldwide. Our innovative attractions, immersive theme parks and world-class resorts fuse art and technology to create new standards in the themed entertainment industry.
Our Team Members are the driving force behind Universal Creative. With their diverse skills and forward-thinking ideas, our team pushes us beyond the boundaries of what’s possible to achieve the extraordinary. Together, we’re creating a Universe of fun, always ensuring the next thing we do is better than the last thing we did.
JOB SUMMARY: The Audio Producer is responsible for the development and management of Project-related audio elements related to the show, attractions and guest-experience. The Audio Producer works collaboratively with land and show based Producers, Creative Directors, AV suppliers, Executive Media Producer and Senior Media Producers to define and meet creative goals and intent related to audio. This includes audio within projected media, soundtracks and background music. Continual updating and advising the Executive Producer of Media and Senior Media producers of overall progress and issues is essential. This position will require managing contracted vendors and coordinating strategies ensuring the successful completion of assigned audio tasks and assignments through all aspects of design and production from original concept through final installation.
- The Audio Producer is the individual responsible for ensuring the project’s audio intent is successfully achieved and integrated into the project’s guest-experience. As part of the Project’s Media team, the Audio Producer shall partner with the Executive and Senior Producers within the team to develop, review and manage scopes, contract documents, cost estimates, schedules and strategies directly related to audio within the project.
- Assures guest-experience audio is both technically and creatively designed, developed, articulated and documented. Manages and interfaces with appropriate internal and external resources through every phase of design, production and installation to ensure Documentation (audio design packages, overall coverage and treatment) is properly developed and that Attraction and Area Development Audio Scopes, Close-out Documentation and Quality Standards consistently align with the Project’s creative intent.
- Develops and manages work plans, estimates, schedules and tasks for creative and technical audio design activities in support of the overall Project goals and strategies. Ensure appropriate technical and specialist resources are assigned as needed throughout the project.
- Develops and manages strategic sourcing to support audio development and production efforts. Negotiates and procures outside resources as necessary. Directly manages all audio recording, composition and editing. Ensures that staffing and resources are contracted and approved to deliver project deliverables in accordance with approved project budgets and schedules.
- Manages, interprets, communicates audio ideas and concepts throughout the development phases to a variety of audiences for approvals and overall notes.
- Ensures audio standards are being met working with creative approvals from, 3rd Party Licensors as required, to provide design direction that is in conformance with any and all 3rd Party vendors and maintains overall Universal Studios quality standards.
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Indirectly supervises efforts of land staff and sub-contractors assembled to support audio specific project-related tasks. Number and types of staff will vary dependent upon the Project. All staff and sub-contractors are assigned under the Creative Studio, Engineering & Safety or the Project Creative Design Team.
- Travel is required depending upon Project needs.
- Role requires a high degree of collaboration and teamwork with Internal and External Partners.
- Requires highly effective communication skills.
- Requires a positive ‘can-do’ attitude. Must be a problem solver. Should be able to thrive under pressure in a challenging work environment.
SCOPE: Non-routine; general policies applied to frequently changing situations. Influences decisions of moderate nature requiring high degree of tact, diplomacy, and maturity
- Strong audio design, production and management portfolio. Knowledge of audio and media management, work planning, budgeting, scheduling, bid package preparation and variety of vendors.
- Knowledge of theme park audio technologies and a basic understanding of AV engineering and systems. Knowledge of theme park related architectural, project management, organizational, and production/construction practices.
- Demonstrates ability to lead audio and AV teams on multiple complex attraction projects.
- Instill a spirit of teamwork and promote staff development.
- Makes independent choices free from immediate supervision.
- Possesses solid aesthetic sensibilities and audio skills to support the creative process and to facilitate positive and productive communication between all disciplines.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university in Film and Video Production is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Required 10 plus years: experience in audio production, theme park or other media related design/production field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Required 2-3 Years’ experience in theme park design and design management preferred.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. © 2019 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.