Trainee, Emerging Leadership Talent (Mandarin Fluency Required)
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts™, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China, we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
JOB SUMMARY: *Mandarin Fluency Required* This is a training position for qualified individuals to advance into entry-level leadership roles during the Emerging Leadership Talent training program. Training to take place at Universal Orlando Resort, and upon successful completion of the program, Trainees will be eligible for entry-level leadership roles for the Universal Beijing Resort, in Beijing, China, to be determined by Trainee’s demonstrated work performance. During the program, Trainees will develop leadership skills in accordance with company competencies and functional/technical expertise through a combination of classroom training and on-the-job work experience while assigned to a specific track: Food & Beverage, Merchandise, Entertainment, Park Services, Parking & Transportation, Wardrobe, Entrance Operations or Attractions. Trainees will experience various roles within each track, varying duties, and progressive levels of responsibility during the program.
- Performs on-the-job training for assigned functional area to ensure competence of appropriate tasks required of an entry-level leadership position, learning, at a minimum, all aspects of the frontline and Lead/Team Captain responsibilities. Develops and demonstrates tactical operations skills as applicable to assigned functional area.
- Performs and upholds required responsibilities for frontline and Lead/Team Captain positions within respective departments. Lead/Team Captain responsibilities may involve: Assisting management with the consistent execution of guest service and operational standards; Performing all operational duties related to the daily opening and closing of locations to include, but not limited to: daily Guest, Team Member and safety initiatives, area cleanliness, daily budget/staffing, inventory, issuing starting banks, and performing audits; Ensuring operational readiness, established safety practices and quality standards are maintained; Training and coaching Team Members, explaining performance and behavioral expectations by providing feedback and recognition.
- Regularly attends and actively participates in all formal classroom training curriculum consistent with program design and any other applicable training courses. Develops and demonstrates leadership competencies consistent with those expected of Universal Parks & Resorts leaders, applying classroom and practical learning experiences.
- Completes individual assignments/projects as directed by supervising manager/mentor and/or Talent Development team.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established Universal Orlando policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- In pursuit of Associate’s, Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an Accredited Institution with current class standing of Senior or graduate preferred; those with 6 months of F-1 OPT eligibility are encouraged to apply.
- Relevant degrees/majors include: Tourism, Hospitality, Business, Management, Stage Management, Costuming, Technical Theater.
Preferred but not required:
- Prior hospitality, tourism or theater operations experience is preferred.
- Leadership experience is preferred, to include any experience that involves overseeing and managing a process which had decision-making responsibilities, or directly supervising others (such as volunteer or campus organization leadership experience).
- Possess bilingual language skills to fluently speak, read, and write in Mandarin and English.
- Must relocate to Beijing, China, upon successful completion of Universal Orlando six-month training program; must possess work authorization for China.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.