Analyst, Data Integration – Consumer Insights
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts™, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: The Consumer Insights team at the Universal Orlando Resort™ conducts research among guests and future visitors to learn about them and their experience, using survey research as well as other approaches. The Data Integration Analyst with the Systems Team within Consumer Insights provides insight for leaders across the resort by working to transform research data for use in reports, dashboards, and further analysis. This position requires a person who is comfortable with servers, databases, SQL (Structured Query Language), and ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes, as they will be responsible for managing separate survey data sources, standardizing, and storing them appropriately in servers and databases that they oversee. To be successful in this position, candidates will need to take ownership of the cleanliness and quality of the data, and not merely shepherd it from one system to another. Workflows that are designed by the CI Data Integration Analyst will be used widely to move and transform data, preparing it for reporting and further consumption by partners within Universal Parks and Resorts.
- Modifies and blends data collected from surveys for use in reporting by designing workflows in the Alteryx application to move data, validate data, standardize data, and create derived data.
- Creates and manages new database structures (fields, tables, views, etc.) and validates collected data using other sources to assist the reporting and analysis of survey data.
- Helps maintain servers, databases, and data connections used with survey data
- Works on self-directed special projects to enhance professional abilities, department initiatives, or efficiencies.
- Configures APIs used to connect data sources
- Maintains familiarity on all systems and processes utilized by the CI Systems team
- Contributes to the team with other duties as needed.
SCOPE: Given the importance of the Consumer Insights technical infrastructure as it relates to the divisions ability to deliver key data to senior leadership, this position will need to influence decisions of important nature requiring high degree of tact.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree is required.
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years of exemplary performance as a CI Associate Data Integration Analyst, or equivalent experience in data management, data transformation, and database development, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Solid understanding and experience working with databases, tables, variable types, and variable attributes.
- Experience with SQL-related tasks such as query development, database checks, table design, joins, stored procedures, as well as database backup and recovery procedures.
- Experience creating and modifying ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes for data migration.
- Desire to design the most effective data storage solution for reporting purposes and take proactive ownership of the “cleanliness” of that data.
- Technical and quantitative reasoning skills with a desire to understand survey questionnaires, research methodologies, and the purpose of the research.
- Highly collaborative team player who is focused, self-motivated, detail oriented, accurate, and flexible – able to quickly adapt to changing priorities and tight timelines.
- Expertise with Alteryx data transformation software is preferred but not required.
- Expertise with Tableau reporting software is preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with survey data variable types and nuances will help in this position.
- Familiarity with Qualtrics survey software platform will help in this position.
- Familiarity with SPSS or similar analytical software will help in this position.
- Understanding of statistical concepts such as significance testing, weighting, Z-Test, etc. will help in this position.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.