Internship – Finance (Resort Development – Hotels) – Universal Creative (Spring 2020)
At Universal Creative, we design, develop and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable to drive growth for Universal Parks & Resorts worldwide. Our innovative attractions, immersive theme parks and world-class resorts fuse art and technology to create new standards in the themed entertainment industry.
Our Team Members are the driving force behind Universal Creative. With their diverse skills and forward-thinking ideas, our team pushes us beyond the boundaries of what’s possible to achieve the extraordinary. Together, we’re creating a Universe of fun, always ensuring the next thing we do is better than the last thing we did.
JOB SUMMARY: Assists and supports the Finance team with data entry, invoicing, and maintain standard operating procedures.
- Assist the Project with various account reconciliations and assist with financial reporting
- Assist accounts payable team with invoices and NTO reviews
- Assist with audit requests
- Update AP Log and tracking down invoices with vendors and responsible individuals (RI) to assist in cash flow
- Close WBSE’s for current and old projects as well as run final financial update
- Work with Finance team to complete month end close and monthly financial update
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution with current class standing of Senior or above.
- Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA is preferred.
- An official transcript may be required upon request.
- Preferred majors may include: Finance or Accounting
Preferable skills for success in role includes but not limited to:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Knowledge of basic principles and practices of Accounting
- Previous audit experience exposure is a plus
- SAP knowledge, preferred
- Previous Accounting/ Finance experience, preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities and organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, problem solving skills, entering and verifying data
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams.
- Consistent attendance.
Please note the following:
- Universal Creative does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Spring Internships are approximately from January 2020 to May 2020.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.