Internship – HR – Communications & Brand Management – Universal Creative (Spring 2020)
Universal Creative is seeking unique and bold talent to grow with us as we envision, design and deliver innovative attractions, exhilarating experiences, world-class resorts and immersive parks around the globe. Join us in creating a Universe of fun!
JOB SUMMARY: The Communication and Brand Management intern will support global branding and communications initiatives for Universal Creative both internally and externally. This includes social media, internal communications, external communications, and branding marketing materials.
- Develop content for social media, internal communications, flyers, and more.
- Write stories and news for internal Team Members.
- Assist with the Universal Creative Weekly, including scheduling, developing content, and editing.
- Assist with Universal Creative awards management.
- Assist with managing calendars for UC Weekly, LinkedIn, SharePoint, speaking engagements, and more.
- Update tools for speaking engagements as needed – speaking engagement guide, presentations, etc.
- Research communications and branding best practices, trends, and news.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution with current class standing of Junior or above.
- Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA is preferred.
- An official transcript may be required upon request.
- Preferred majors may include: Marketing, Communication, Advertising, Journalism or Public Relations
Key skills for success in role includes but not limited to:
- Excellent interpersonal and team communication skills required
- Knowledge of social media platforms required
- Strong writing skills required
- Experience identifying compelling stories and interviewing various people preferred
- Must be a team player – able to build and maintain strategic partnerships
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Photography and video experience a plus
- Familiarity with design software (Adobe Creative Suite) and high proficiency in Microsoft Office software a plus
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams.
- Consistent attendance.
Please include a link to your portfolio of your work or upload via option via application.
Please note the following:
- Universal Creative does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Spring internships are approximately from the end of January 2020 – May 2020.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
IT’S A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.