Internship – Legal (Contracts) – Universal Creative (Spring 2020)
Universal Creative is seeking unique and bold talent to grow with us as we envision, design and deliver innovative attractions, exhilarating experiences, world-class resorts and immersive parks around the globe. Join us in creating a Universe of fun!
JOB SUMMARY: Assists and supports the Legal Team with drafting, analyzing, reviewing, and issuing contractual documents; contracts training coordination; and archiving contractual documents in accordance with Universal’s Contract Policies & Procedures.
- Assist Legal Department in drafting contractual documents (Agreements, Change Orders,Masters, Amendments, etc).
- Assist in drafting boilerplate documents under the direction of Senior Attorney and Contracts Manager.
- Support Contract Administrators in verifying entity names and addresses for contract documents and updating all records accordingly.
- Assist SVP of Creative Legal, if requested, with various tasks such as reviewing and maintaining talent agreements, R&D efforts, and Intellectual Property concerns, etc.
- Assist Contracts Manager with the following:
- iIMS recording and documentation
- RFP tracking and Legal Team RFP coordination
- Scan full executed contract document into SharePoint electronic archive site
- Updating Legal department training documents, checklists, and other tools for contracts training sessions
- Researching new technology and legal industry techniques to make Legal department systems and documents more efficient
- Assist in the coordination and logistics of contracts training sessions
- Assist Contract Administrators with facilitating the closeout process for contract documents
- Provide support on projects or Legal reporting efforts
- provide general overflow support as needed
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution with current class standing of Junior or above.
- Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA is preferred.
- An official transcript may be required upon request.
- Preferred majors may include: J.D.
- Preferred coursework: Entertainment Law, Contracts/Business Law
Preferable skills for success in role includes but not limited to:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities and organization.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams.
- Consistent attendance.
Please note the following:
- Universal Creative does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
IT’S A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.