Technical Services – Show Systems Technician (Audio/Visual)
Here at Universal Orlando Resort™, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer paid on the job training, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Whether you’re bringing the world’s premier movie and TV scenes to life at Universal Studios, living the excitement of legendary heroes at Islands of Adventure, or exploring the thrills and relaxation in the lush tropical paradise of Volcano Bay; we want to do it with YOU!
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for performing preventative, diagnostic, and corrective maintenance of all audio and visual equipment; provides technical support in the day-to-day park operation of large computer controlled audio/visual, electronic messaging, projection, network, lasers, and surveillance equipment.
- Perform routine inspections and preventative maintenance towards resort A/V systems, projection systems, surveillance systems, laser systems, and network systems. Inspections include testing, cleaning, replacement, verification and/or calibration of applicable control circuits/systems.
- Responsible for analysis and diagnosis of systems and components to provide immediate and long term solutions that will improve operational reliability, safety and serviceability of Audio/Visual equipment, projection equipment, surveillance equipment, laser systems, and network equipment through improved diagnostics and engineering approved software and hardware revisions. This entails logical extensive troubleshooting, referencing of technical drawings/manuals, specifications and the CMMS system.
- Provide data entry into the CMMS system, logging of P.M. inspections, corrective actions, and/or repairs made while listing parts required to implement the repairs. Also complete hard copy P.M.’s and physical logbook entries.
- Perform audio/video set up and provide support for special events and production shoots.
- Utilize company resources to stay current on installed audio/video equipment, maintenance procedures, maintenance best practices, and operation manuals.
- Performs modification to audio/visual equipment as directed by management or engineering; performs diagnostics and repairs to all audio/visual equipment as assigned.
SCOPE: Responsible for maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of audio and video systems, electronic messaging, projection systems, network systems, laser systems, and surveillance systems in all venues resort wide.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED required; Electronic or electrical degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 5-7 years of experience preferred: Must possess knowledge of audio and video theory as well as practical training and experience. Candidates should have advanced knowledge in the set-up and ongoing maintenance of A/V systems. Technician with formal electronics training and/or at least 5 years of experience in design, installation or maintenance of A/V systems preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience accepted.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: CTS Certification preferred
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Completion of orientation checklist into CMMS system required; applicable regulatory training including confined space, forklift, heavy equipment and Lock-Out Tag Out required.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.