Tech Services – Tech, Lighting Systems Ride and Show Control
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for preventative and corrective maintenance, troubleshooting, coding, and repair of lighting control systems and special effects.
- Diagnose system failures and provide immediate and long-term corrective actions. Involves researching defective electronically controlled various lighting equipment to include but not limited to dimmer racks, relay racks, control consoles, lighting fixtures and consoles, computers, networking equipment (Ethernet switches, nodes, POE devices), DMX distribution systems (opto-splitters, mergers, terminators), wireless data transmissions systems (DMX, Ethernet). Apply basic electrical theory to operate, troubleshoot, and repair SCR dimmers. Instructional information to complete the repair process when needed. This entails logical and extensive troubleshooting and referring to technical manuals, technical library, and the CMMS system while utilizing a systematic approach.
- Responds to downtimes and show element quality repairs and ride recovery related issues.
- Provide input and entry into CMMS system and log completion of inspections, corrective action, and/or repairs made and list applicable parts used.
- Perform modifications to Ride and Show lighting fixtures, equipment, or design as directed by the Universal Engineering/Creative/EHS/Attraction Operations departments. Utilize and update focus diagrams and technical prints to ensure proper function, output, and color temperature of each show light.
- Perform modifications to Ride and Show lighting control code, as directed by the Universal Engineering and/or UO Creative departments. Properly document all code changes.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly, semi-annual and annual inspections and preventive maintenance towards R/S lighting control systems. Inspections include testing, verification and/or calibration of applicable lighting control systems.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: Responsible for inspection, troubleshooting and repair of lighting control, special effects, ride and show lighting systems resort wide.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED is required. Preferred – Bachelor of Arts or Science in Technical Production for Theater or Equivalent.
- 5-7 Years: Experience in troubleshooting and repair of complex analog/digital lighting equipment/control systems including dimmers, relays, fixtures; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Programming experience on various Wholehog, Strand, ETC, OS systems and consoles.
- Understand signal flow and implementation of protocol “DMX E1.11, Entertainment Technology — USITT DMX512-A — Asynchronous Serial Digital Data Transmission Standard for Controlling Lighting Equipment and Accessories”
- Preferred experience in theme park industry. ETCP Certified with verifiable experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Must pass the Show Control Assessment. Must have the ability to work different shifts; First, Second or Third
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.