Technician, Industrial Electronics/Electrical (Ride & Robotics)
Here at Universal Orlando Resort™, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer paid on the job training, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Whether you’re bringing the world’s premier movie and TV scenes to life at Universal Studios, living the excitement of legendary heroes at Islands of Adventure, or exploring the thrills and relaxation in the lush tropical paradise of Volcano Bay; we want to do it with YOU!
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for preventative and corrective maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of animation, special effects, and ride/show control and electrical systems. Install, maintain, test, troubleshoot and repair industrial electrical equipment.
- Performs preventative and predictive maintenance as prescribed by OEM and UO Engineering specifications. This includes changing time-limited parts, calibrating equipment per OEM specifications and cleaning, lubricating, and maintaining equipment. Installs, services, and repairs electrical wiring, fixtures and other electrical components.
- Completes inspections and creates necessary work orders for discrepancies found. Performs electrical tests and inspections including measuring continuity, current, voltage and resistance of electrical and electronic systems. Follows correct chain of command to notify appropriate management when necessary.
- Performs repairs to equipment due to safety, reliability, or show quality issues found during PM’s, inspections or downtimes to improve ride reliability and show quality. Ensures that electrical systems are properly grounded and maintained in accordance with OEM and Engineering specifications. Responds to and assists in recovery and repair of attractions and show effects as needed.
- Troubleshoots down to failed component using multiple forms of test equipment, schematics, prints and other resources. Troubleshoots systems to root cause. Troubleshoot, maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, generators, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical control systems.
- Performs modifications of electrical systems per UO Engineering or OEM specifications and direction.
- Enters follow-up work orders for all discrepancies found. Documents all findings and work performed throughout the process of troubleshooting and performing repairs. Reports labor in Maximo for all work performed.
- Completes PQS qualification of assigned venues. Trains new technicians to do venue-specific PM work orders, recovery procedures and processes.
SCOPE: Responsible for inspection, troubleshooting and repair of animation, special effects and ride and show control systems resort wide.
EDUCATION: High School degree or GED is required. Technical school is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Three to five years of experience in troubleshooting and repair of complex electro-mechanical systems, as well as hydraulic and mechanical systems either in the theme park industry or other industrial industries; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid Florida Driver’s License – required to operate company vehicles.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Special requirements for certain specific venues may require the operation of controlled decent devices down severely angled lifts. Training is required and will be provided prior to performing the inspections.
-Special requirements for certain specific venues may require the operation of high reaches greater than 85ft. Training is required and will be provided prior to performing the inspections.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.