Publicity Coordinator (Latin America-Brazil Based)
São Paulo, Săo Paulo
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts™, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: Drive the development of publicity strategies for Universal Parks and Resorts in Latin America, with focus on Brazil, Argentina, Colombia and Mexico, to increase top funnel brand differentiation and drive lower funnel product conversion.
The UPR LatAm PR Coordinator will be responsible for handling all LatAm public relations and corporate communications related activities across the Universal Parks and Resorts portfolio, crafting and executing impactful, measurable and noteworthy campaigns to drive awareness, engagement and support business goals for the company’s brand through earned media. Their main responsibilities include but are not limited to: managing proactive and reactive media relations, crafting and executing LatAm UPR PR plans, identifying opportunities with consumer, trade and travel media, driving PR campaigns around our corporate brand, IPs, new launches, leading issues/crisis management for UPR’s corporate brand, organizing events and press trips, tracking UPR coverage in LatAm media, approving ideas and cooperating with internal.
With clear understanding of UPR business strategy for the Region, translate LatAm business priorities into PR activities, to accelerate Universal market growth across platforms. *Please note: position is located in Sao Paolo, Brazil.
- Performs PR related duties, including but not limited to drafting press releases, approval of communication materials, memos, pitches, statements, Q&As, oversee executive and creative team members interviews and more. Participate on briefings, revisions and approval stages for publicity materials in the appropriate language (Portuguese & Spanish).
- Face of publicity in the LatAm, with responsibility for senior relationships with the industry press, newspapers, bloggers & social influencers, celebrities, TV and Radio Stations across both trade and consumer media.
- PR events, press trips, trade and consumer events coverage.
- Build and share local investment success model for the Region, driving efficient investment for publicity objectives across different territories and competitive contexts.
- Draft PR plans, proactively outreach for media outlets uncovering dormant PR possibilities. Evaluate marketplace, new media technologies and make recommendations.
- Facilitate media training sessions, be contact person for various spokespeople.
- Drive regional best practice analysis and incorporate learnings into regional marketing plans. Provides continuous measurement and analysis of PR effectiveness including ROI to guide delivery of actionable optimization recommendations to improve performance and drive growth.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university in arts, journalism, public relations, communications or related area. Master/MBA is a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years of Communications/PR experience, ideally including both B2C and B2B experience across multiple channels (offline and online – publicity, communications, social, content marketing).
- Extensive knowledge of Latin America marketing context, hands-on regional experience (LatAm) preferred
- Proven ability to develop and successfully implement earned communications strategies
- Experience executing successful, creative media directed campaigns and events.
- Communication and collaboration skills that enable you to earn trust across the company
- Extensive experience of PR and senior relationship management, within the travel industry. A strong industry network and contacts with senior journalists and members of the press
- Experience in issues management.
- Experience serving as spokesperson.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Strong attention to detail with exceptional follow-up and organization
- Strong project management
- PR agency work experience preferred
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Advanced/fluent English, Spanish and Portuguese is needed.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.