Sr. Manager, IT PMO
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts™, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for managing Universal Parks Technology Program Portfolios. Oversees the program’s output and product by promoting an atmosphere of cooperation and collaboration. Works closely with stakeholders, senior leadership, business partners, and delivery leaders to control cost and ensure successful delivery of committed strategic initiatives within the portfolio. Introduces industry best practices and incorporates processes and procedures.
- Coordinate project intake, prioritization, and evaluation.
- Build and maintain a rolling portfolio for upcoming year.
- Routinely work with the Executive Leadership to continuously define and prioritize the portfolio for Universal Parks Technology projects and strategic initiatives.
- Facilitate, manage, and control project charter creation lifecycle.
- Responsible for continuous tracking of the portfolio health and directional trending.
- Communicate Portfolio status, performance metrics, and changes within the portfolio.
- Elevate risks & issues impacting the overall portfolio; works with senior management to provide strategic and tactical advice on program/project planning.
- Facilitate reprioritization discussions with Leadership when warranted.
- Collaborate with Finance partners to manage and control portfolio budget.
- Develop a deep understanding of projects within the program portfolio, with a clear understanding of business and IT context.
- Identify cross-program portfolio dependencies.
- Track and report project metrics for all projects within the portfolio.
- Maintain centralized accountability for management of the project portfolio.
- Ability to manage and influence independently across the business and generate work product from others not in direct reporting structure.
- Independently partner with respective leaders and teams in order to learn the lines of business to better understand and guide portfolio prioritization.
- Lead executive stakeholder meetings to communicate the status of various projects/programs, discuss issues/risks, and understand the impact of any changes to business requirements.
- Engage with PMO leadership to continuously improve PMO processes.
SCOPE: Responsible for managing a project team including budget and delivery schedules for multiple projects.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities (KSAs) required (examples: knowledge of specific aspects of an industry, technical knowledge and/or skills, communication skills, analytical skills, problem solving ability, multi-tasking ability… ).
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Information Technology or related field required; Master’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Program or Portfolio Management certification required.
- Six Sigma certification strongly preferred.
- Expert understanding and application of Project, Program, and Portfolio Management processes and methodologies as well as Process Analysis and Organizational Change Management.
- Demonstrates the ability to build relationships and influence leaders and cross functional peers.
- Must be able to communicate effectively (written and oral) at all levels of the organization, include C-Suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, professional writing, presentation, and reporting skills.
- Strong organizational skills; proven ability to manage time and priorities, ability to manage complex projects and tasks with attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise judgment, handle multiple projects simultaneously with excellent problem solving skills and judgment pertaining to risk identification and mitigation.
- Expert level proficiency using computer software and applications, including advance features of Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, MS Project, to share, retrieve, research, and present business information.
- Proficient in industry standard Project Management software, such as Smartsheet, JIRA, and KwikPMO.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Information Technology, Project Management or related field required; Master’s degree in a related field preferred.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 10 years of portfolio management experience in large-scale, global organization, and a minimum of 5 years managing direct reports.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.