Costume Specialist I
Here at Universal Orlando Resort, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer paid on the job training, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Whether you’re bringing the world’s premier movie and TV scenes to life at Universal Studios, living the excitement of legendary heroes at Islands of Adventure, or exploring the thrills and relaxation in the lush tropical paradise of Volcano Bay; we want to do it with YOU!
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for issuing costumes and maintaining the quality and inventory of Universal Orlando’s costumes by cleaning the costumes.
- Clean and maintain all costume pieces through hand washing, machine washing, spot cleaning and sending out dry cleaning. Monitor inventory for wear and tear and request replacements as needed.
- Preset costumes daily by grouping all costume pieces for each performer. Issue costumes to performers. Deliver and pick-up costumes as needed to/from various locations (both on property entertainment venues and offsite storage locations).
- Communicate in a friendly, respectful and understandable manner while politely giving consistent, timely and accurate information to our Team Members. Maintain cleanliness and organization of the costuming work area.
- Monitor dry cleaning and repair orders to include: checking orders in upon return from vendor and notifying management of discrepancies.
- Observe character sets or shows for costume appearance notes and relay those observations to management.
- Accurate completion of daily paperwork, including hours documentation (DSR), seamstress and tech repairs.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: Responsible for issuing and cleaning costumes.
- High school degree or GED: Preferred
- Technical school: Preferred
- Associate’s degree (AA): Preferred
EXPERIENCE: 1 year experience with basic costume repairs preferred.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.