Parking and Transportation – Valet Team Captain
Here at Universal Orlando Resort, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer paid on the job training, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Whether you’re bringing the world’s premier movie and TV scenes to life at Universal Studios, living the excitement of legendary heroes at Islands of Adventure, or exploring the thrills and relaxation in the lush tropical paradise of Volcano Bay; we want to do it with YOU!
JOB SUMMARY: Oversees the daily operation and is the first point of contact for team members, and the first and last point of contact for Guests using the Valet Service. Responsible for upholding premium service standards and safety regulations, supporting sales initiatives, executing operational plans, and ensuring operational readiness for Valet. Responsible for leading and coaching the team, ensuring guest service, safety, and sales standards are met, and responding to cash handling issues. Maintains appropriate staffing levels and required inventory. Accountable for training related functions.
- Assists management with the consistent execution of guest service, safety, and operational standards. Enforces safety standards and applicable traffic laws. Motivates Team Members to meet daily sales goals. Communicates expectations and monitors performance of Team Members to ensure policies and procedures of the department are followed. Provides feedback for recognition, sales, performance improvement, and safety infractions.
- Monitors valet area for operational effectiveness. Makes appropriate decisions and shares relevant information with Management in a timely manner. Performs all operational duties related to daily opening and closing, reacts to the business by directing guest flow, responding to escalated guest situations and technical issues.
- Performs cash handling responsibilities such as maintaining and balancing the Valet safe, counting tips, issuing starting banks, performing audits, completing the cash-out process, reconciling discrepancies and providing supporting documentation and/or reporting of cash handling discrepancies.
- Ensures daily staffing levels, rotation schedules and labor goals are adjusted according to car counts. Performs daily administrative tasks, as required. Responsible for meeting cars per labor hour goal, reviewing and reporting inventory, maintaining staffing records, calculating tip rate, inputting vehicle tracking and end-of-day car counts, and sending reports to the appropriate recipients. Orders and maintains operating supplies, reviewing and/or edits Kronos to ensure that time is properly entered based on job code and functional area.
- Responsible for overseeing new hire training and is the first point of contact for new Team Members. Works closely with Trainers to ensure that Team Members have successfully completed their training plan. Monitors trainees throughout their on-boarding and training to ensure operational proficiency. Meets with Team Members to review their training progress, addresses concerns, and documents training related issues. Trains and coaches Team Members, explains performance and behavioral expectations, provides feedback and recognition. Reports behavior requiring discipline and documentation to the Management Team.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED required.
- Employed with UO for a minimum of 90 days required.
- Six months to one year experience providing work direction or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid Florida Driver’s License required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to drive vehicles with both standard and automatic transmissions.
- Strong customer/team interaction skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Cash handling experience preferred.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.