Ride & Show: Ride Mechanic
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts™, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for preventative and corrective maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of animation, special effects, and ride/show mechanical systems.
- Performs preventative and predictive maintenance as prescribed by OEM and UO Engineering Specifications. This would include changing time-limited parts, calibrating equipment per OEM specifications, and cleaning, lubricating, and maintaining equipment.
- Completes inspections and creates necessary work orders for discrepancies found. Follows correct chain of command to notify appropriate management when necessary.
- Performs repairs to equipment due to safety, reliability, or show quality issues found during PM’s, inspections, or downtimes to improve ride reliability and show quality. Responds to and assists in recovery and repair of attractions and show effects as needed.
- Troubleshoots down to failed component using schematics, leak detection equipment, vibration analysis, and other specialized tools and equipment.
- Performs modifications per UO Engineering or OEM specifications.
- Enters follow-up work orders for all discrepancies found. Documents all findings and work performed throughout the process of troubleshooting and performing repairs. Reports labor in Maximo for all work performed.
- Completes PQS qualification of assigned venues. Trains new technicians to do venue-specific PM work orders, recovery procedures, and processes.
SCOPE: Responsible for inspection, troubleshooting and repair of animation, special effects, and ride and show mechanical systems resort wide.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED is required; Technical school is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 Years: Experience in troubleshooting and repair of complex electro-mechanical systems, as well as hydraulic and mechanical systems either in the theme park industry or other industrial industries; Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid Florida Driver’s License – required to operate company vehicles.
- Special requirements for certain specific venues may require the operation of controlled decent devices down severely angled lifts. Training is required and will be provided prior to performing the inspections.
- Special requirements for certain specific venues may require the operation of high reaches greater than 85ft. Training is required and will be provided prior to performing the inspections.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.