Facilities – Mill Shop Technician (3rd shift)
Here at Universal Orlando Resort™, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer paid on the job training, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Whether you’re bringing the world’s premier movie and TV scenes to life at Universal Studios, living the excitement of legendary heroes at Islands of Adventure, or exploring the thrills and relaxation in the lush tropical paradise of Volcano Bay; we want to do it with YOU!
JOB SUMMARY: Prepare and supply maintenance crews with all the necessary mill work including but not limited to the fabrication of doors, windows, cabinetry, moldings, turnings, and all other wood work needed for maintaining the parks. Carry out field installations when required. Support Discretionary Work including but not limited to cabinet and sign fabrication.
- Production of custom templates in preparation of windows and door fabrication to include gathering necessary field measurements and information
- Custom fabrication and installation of custom windows and doors.
- Custom fabrication and installation of cabinets including, but not limited to Corian, laminate, raised panel doors and drawers and hardware.
- Gathers and prepares necessary information, tools and equipment to fabricate and produce lathe turnings.
- Gathers and prepares necessary information, tools, equipment and knives to fabricate moldings.
- Performs machine and equipment maintenance and general shop clean up.
- Performs necessary maintenance repairs and installation as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED is required; Technical school is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years general carpentry and mill shop required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid Florida Drivers License is required to operate company vehicles.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.