Sr. Analyst, Consumer Insights Reporting
JOB SUMMARY: The Consumer Insights team at the Universal Orlando Resort™ conducts research among guests and future visitors to learn about them and their experience, using survey research as well as other approaches. The Senior Reporting Analyst with the Systems Team within Consumer Insights provides insight for leaders across the resort by creating, modifying, and producing ongoing report templates, dashboards, and other data visualizations. Core to this function is their involvement in producing reports on a regular basis (weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly) to keep resort leaders informed on the performance of their teams and the business. The CI Senior Reporting Analyst also collaborates with research analyst colleagues to take survey data points and tell a story with them, setting the standard for report layouts and visualizations to make the discovery of insights intuitive and clear. To be successful in this position, candidates should have experience in both creating and implementing changes to ongoing reports, along with an affinity for design and displaying information. As these reports will be used regularly to inform key decisions within Universal Parks and Resorts, candidates should have a strong desire to display information that is fully validated, easy to understand, and delivered on time. This is a salaried position.
- Collaborates with colleagues to create new ongoing report templates, dashboards, and other visualizations from collected survey data in the Tableau reporting platform (or other tools).
- Modifies existing ongoing report templates and dashboards built in the Tableau reporting platform.
- Produces and validates ongoing reports generated from Tableau report templates on a regular weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis.
- Establishes standards for report and visualization designs, based upon feedback from colleagues, industry trends, and best practices.
- Works on self-directed special projects to enhance professional abilities, department initiatives, or efficiencies.
- Provides guidance and recommendations to colleagues on data visualization options, including industry trends, and best practices.
- Maintains familiarity on all systems and processes utilized by the CI Systems Team
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree is required.
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years of exemplary performance as a CI Reporting Analyst, or 6-10 years of equivalent experience in report and dashboard creation and maintenance, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
SPECIFIC SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Intermediate to advanced experience with the Tableau reporting platform.
- Solid understanding and experience creating database-driven report templates and dashboards, as well as modifying existing report templates and dashboards.
- Willingness to produce reports on a regular weekly, monthly, quarterly, or yearly basis containing primary research, ultimately utilized by leaders at all levels within Universal Parks and Resorts.
- Desire to take proactive ownership of the accuracy and timeliness of reported data.
- Desire to work with colleagues to design the most effective data visualizations in reports and dashboards that identify trends and unlock key insights.
- Desire to establish standards in data visualizations, report designs, and dashboard designs based upon industry trends and best practices.
- Ability to mentor, teach, and assign tasks to junior team members in topics such as using Tableau, report design, dashboard design, and related best practices.
- Technical and quantitative reasoning skills with a desire to understand survey questionnaires, research methodologies, and the purpose of the research.
- Highly collaborative team player who is focused, self-motivated, detail oriented, accurate, and flexible – able to quickly adapt to changing priorities and tight timelines.
- Familiarity with databases and Structured Query Language (SQL) will help in this position.
- Understanding of statistical concepts such as significance testing, weighting, Z-Test, etc. will help in this position.
- Familiarity with survey data variable types and nuances will help in this position.
- Familiarity with Qualtrics survey software platform will help in this position.
- Familiarity with SPSS or similar analytical software will help in this position.
- Familiarity with Alteryx data transformation software will help in this position.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.