Senior Manager, Guest Services & VIP Experience
Universal Orlando Resort® is a universe of opportunities for people who have a lot to offer. It takes a special kind of person to work at Universal Orlando. An individual who knows how to be part of a team. Someone with a sense of fun who’s serious about their work. A person who knows it doesn’t take magic to put a smile on a guest’s face… it takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal attitude. Whether you’re serving food, working in an office, maintaining equipment, performing in costume or operating a ride, you won’t just be ‘doing a job.’ You’ll be creating memories for our guests that will last a lifetime. Are YOU that kind of person?
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for managing the overall success of Guest Services and VIP Experience for USF and IOA and the respective Managers overseeing those areas.
- Manages the day-to-day Guest Service and VIP Experience Operation for USF and IOA while providing exemplary guest service for all areas. Responsible for the overall supervision, training and development of VIP Experience and Guest Service areas at each park. Performs as Entrance Operations and park duty manager and acts in a direct advisory capacity for all reporting management regarding events/incidents that affect the guest experience.
- Coordinates the recruitment, hiring and training of exempt staff. Oversees the Guest Service/VIP Experience Managers by providing feedback on performance, giving direction on how to handle, solve and prevent situations and developing communication, decision making and reasoning skills. Creates development plans and ensures the Managers are meeting all objectives and accountabilities. Provides direction for Assistant Manager, Supervisor and team member disciplinary actions and collaborates with HR team when necessary for guidance.
- Responsible for all aspects of the guest experience including ongoing education and training, comment recording, and review of comment trends. Responsible for monitoring industry trends to continue to provide world class service. Develops and implements policies and procedures for dealing with guest concerns. Ensures guest issues are responded to appropriately and consistently.
- Manages labor, non-labor and special event budgets and looks for ways to improve overall efficiency of Guest Service. Monitors and adjusts labor hours and budgets according to attendance levels, operating needs and other variables.
- Manages planning and execution of marquee events throughout the year evaluating the guest impact and identifying solutions to minimize impact and resolve concerns. Communicates Marketing programs/special events to staff. Audits and looks for efficiencies within work unit. Evaluates various Marketing programs and work with key contacts to ensure programs success.
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
SCOPE: Frequent decision-making. Exchange of information, which requires tact and/or diplomacy with guests and other UO departments. Ensures guest issues are responded to appropriately and consistently. Ensures complete follow-up of all guest concerns, responds to guest inquiries, questions and complaints.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Hospitality or Business Administration required.
EXPERIENCE: 8-10 years guest service management experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
IT’S A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2018 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE