Analyst II, HR Technology
Universal Parks & Resorts is comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, as well as a new destination coming in Beijing, China. We are a universe of opportunities for people who have a lot to offer. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. An individual who knows how to be part of a team. Someone with a sense of fun who’s serious about their work. A person who knows it doesn’t take magic to put a smile on a guest’s face… it takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal attitude. Universal’s theme parks offer exactly the kind of vacation families crave – bringing together popular culture’s most compelling stories, characters and adventures to create some of the world’s most innovative and entertaining attraction experiences. These are immersive, next-level, adventures such as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™, outrageously fun attractions such as Despicable Me Minion Mayhem and highly themed, authentic experiences based on cutting-edge television, such as Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon. We embrace the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience. Universal Parks & Resorts adheres to ‘The Universal Way’ by not just meeting guest expectations, but exceeding them, every time. Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Universal Parks & Resorts provides world-class entertainment destinations with signature theme parks that create unparalleled entertainment.
JOB SUMMARY: The HR Technology Analyst II’s role is to define, configure, test, analyze and deliver HR technology solutions and to work with the Parks’ Technology team where development is required. The HR Technology Analyst II would be considered an expert level at two or more of the core HR systems and functional areas. This would include understanding of business area processes and configuration that would support the functional area needs to facilitate the analysis of the requested needs, the configuration of the system and initial testing of the requests. The Analyst II will also research, design, document and modify solutions throughout the project life cycle.
This position is based in Orlando, Florida and may require travel to other NBCUniversal parks and properties on occasion.
- Independently assess user access issues, application errors and data problems to ensure proper support
- Utilizes independent judgement and discretion in the maintenance of HR systems by ensuring compliance with operational and regulatory requirements through the review, testing and implementation of upgrades, enhancements and patches
- Serves as the primary liaison within the relevant functional areas by understanding the systems and processes in the specified areas. Work with customers, peers and fellow team members to accomplish significant goals by effectively communicating with all parties required. Documents system business requirements, specifications and test cases on an enhancement or project in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Leads medium projects under 200k with limited integration and initiatives. Participates in complex projects over 200k with leadership and provides input on opportunities for improvement of the systems by being an expert at applicable system capabilities and functional areas.
- Observes security policies in accessing, securing and protecting confidential and sensitive information including the monitoring of access.
SCOPE: Use established HR Technology methodologies and tools to meet Service Level Agreements and provide input to improve practices. Track and report progress on projects to HR Technology leadership. Demonstrate functional expertise in specific areas and work directly with IT peers and user community. Learn new technology from Senior HR Technology positions. Demonstrate expert level knowledge of applicable systems which may include PeopleSoft HR, PeopleSoft Payroll, PeopleSoft Benefits, PeopleSoft ELM, BI reporting, Staffing solutions, Organizations Development solutions, Internal Communications solutions and other HR solutions.
EDUCATION: Bachelor degree desired in one or more of the following fields: Human Resources Management, Business Administrations, Computer Science.
EXPERIENCE: 5+ years equivalent work experience. Experience participating in HR projects for a varied employee base. Requires the use of sound business judgment and confidentiality while performing assigned tasks. Conflict resolution and problem solving techniques required.
- Expert level of assigned HR modules
- Experience conducting analysis of business processes and recommending improvement or efficiencies
- Proficient in SQL
- Able to communicate effectively with technical staff and with business partners
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies and processes
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
- Self-motivated and directed
- Ability to communicate to all levels of the organization
- Keen attention to detail
- Hands-on experience developing and executing test cases
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- On-call availability on a rotating basis
- May require working hours outside of typical business hours which could include nights and weekends as necessary to meet project deadlines and operational support needs.
- PeopleSoft HCM/ELM 9.2 or higher
- Microsoft office suite including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- SQL experience including
- Creation/Execution of queries
- Inserts, updates, deletes
- SQL Server
- Updating/deleting data
- Navigating database tables
- Stored Procedures
- Experience using PeopleSoft App Designer including the ability to research objects and interpret basic PeopleCode
- Experience with integrating systems
- Experience in HR analytics
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Works with internal business clients and external vendors. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, manuals and procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw graphs and interpret spreadsheets. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Work independently with minimal supervision.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
IT’S A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2018 Universal Studios. © 2018 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE