Supervisor, ADA Services
Universal Orlando Resort® is a universe of opportunities for people who have a lot to offer. It takes a special kind of person to work at Universal Orlando. An individual who knows how to be part of a team. Someone with a sense of fun who’s serious about their work. A person who knows it doesn’t take magic to put a smile on a guest’s face… it takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal attitude. Whether you’re serving food, working in an office, maintaining equipment, performing in costume or operating a ride, you won’t just be ‘doing a job.’ You’ll be creating memories for our guests that will last a lifetime. Are YOU that kind of person?
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for supervising the team of Sign Language Interpreters, completes regular documented facility audits for all guest areas to ensure proper accommodations are consistently provided and analyzes various reports that document guest feedback regarding resort accessibility.
- Maintains positive relationships and partners with other UO departments while conducting regular documented in park ADA audits to ensure all business units to include but not limited to restroom facility, restaurants, attractions, and transportation, are providing proper accommodations and services. Audits training materials for consistency and stays up to date on policy changes related to guest accessibility. Analyzes and responds to various reports including but not limited to guest comments, down times, and incident reports. Assists with training programs which ensure ADA awareness and Service Modeling.
- Supervises team of sign language interpreters that are scheduled daily to interpret shows and special events. Regularly observes sign language interpreters delivering material. Coaches and uses counseling forms to document and maintain service standards to both our park guests and team members.
- Serves as an Ambassador for event groups such as GKTW, Dreamflight, etc. that visit our parks yearly to provide accurate information regarding our various accessible programs prior to arriving. Represents Park Operations in the MyAbilitiesNetwork group by working together to foster a culture that can focus on guest’s abilities. Assists in ensuring guest collateral that describes our various accommodations are always up to date which includes park maps, Rider’s Guide and company website.
- Ensures proper coverage of sign language interpreters, using 3rd party resources as needed. Processes POs on behalf of Operations to pay 3rd party contractors. Monitors, tracks and records overtime and training projections and results. Works with HR and internal departments to schedule and supply interpreters for Team Members as needed.
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: Supervises team of sign language interpreters for the Operations division.
High school degree or GED is required. Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred.
1-3 years of supervisory experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience. Communication and organization skills a must. Experience interpreting and complying with ADA laws and regulations preferred. High degree of tact and confidentiality required.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Working knowledge of ADA and ASTM F24 standards preferred. Knowledge of sign language is helpful.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
IT’S A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2018 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE