Utilities – Plumber
Our Plumbers are responsible for performing the skilled, discipline specific tasks required to ensure the smooth operation of Universal Orlando Facilities as it pertains to all industrial, commercial and non-commercial plumbing equipment, utilities and infrastructure.
Universal Orlando Resort® is a universe of opportunities for people who have a lot to offer. It takes a special kind of person to work at Universal Orlando. An individual who knows how to be part of a team. Someone with a sense of fun who’s serious about their work. A person who knows it doesn’t take magic to put a smile on a guest’s face… it takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal attitude. Whether you’re serving food, working in an office, maintaining equipment, performing in costume or operating a ride, you won’t just be ‘doing a job.’ You’ll be creating memories for our guests that will last a lifetime. Are YOU that kind of person?
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for performing the skilled, discipline specific tasks required to ensure the smooth operation of Universal Orlando Facilities as it pertains to all industrial, commercial and non-commercial plumbing equipment, utilities and infrastructure.
- Maintain, service and repair all UO plumbing systems, including, but not limited to: water closets; urinals; sinks; faucets; drinking fountains; and all associated piping by complying with all NSF, ADA, and State Plumbing codes and regulations. Perform all plumbing utility locates and/or leak detection using the appropriate method.
- Maintain, service and repair all UO infrastructure, including, but not limited to: sanitary lines; grease lines; oil lines; grease traps; lift stations; and interceptors. Operate large cable commercial sewer machines and high-pressure line jetting equipment.
- Maintain, service and repair all potable water systems as it pertains to UO Facilities, including, but not limited to: water softeners; water heaters; steam effect boilers; potable backflow preventers; circulating pumps; tempering valves; mixing valves; high pressure fog/mist lines; nozzles and pumps; and all related potable infrastructure.
- Assist and support Plumbing Tech I’s with the service and repair of UO natural gas systems, including, but not limited to: all above ground and below ground pipes; valves; and fittings. Perform all leak and cathodic protection surveys. Locate underground gas piping using line locate equipment as needed and/or mandated by the Public Service Commission. Utilize appropriate leak detection equipment to identify and locate underground gas leaks.
- Assist and support Plumbing Tech I’s with the service and repair of all high-pressure steam boilers and piping. Perform daily water conductivity tests on boiler feed water. Maintain all flame, water, natural gas and pressure controls as well as all other safety devices. Maintain, service and repair all makeup water feed pumps and associated piping. Support annual state inspections on fireside as well as perform wet side boiler inspections.
- Assist and support Plumbing Tech I’s with the service and repair of all water based fire protection systems, including, but not limited to: all fire hydrants; fire sprinkler systems; fire pumps; industrial backflow preventers; and all related fire infrastructure.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED (required). Technical school: is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 3 years’ experience in industrial and commercial construction, maintenance facility or a fast paced service company dedicated to plumbing repair is required. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid Florida Driver’s License/ required to operate company vehicles.
- A Certification of Training issued by either a State Regulatory Agency or construction trade school is preferred.
- A valid Journeyman Plumbing License is preferred.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
IT’S A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2018 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE