Data Scientist, Revenue Management
Universal Parks & Resorts is comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, as well as a new destination coming in 2020 in Beijing, China. We are a universe of opportunities for people who have a lot to offer. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. An individual who knows how to be part of a team. Someone with a sense of fun who’s serious about their work. A person who knows it doesn’t take magic to put a smile on a guest’s face… it takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal attitude. Universal’s theme parks offer exactly the kind of vacation families crave – bringing together popular culture’s most compelling stories, characters and adventures to create some of the world’s most innovative and entertaining attraction experiences. These are immersive, next-level, adventures such as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™, outrageously fun attractions such as Despicable Me Minion Mayhem and highly themed, authentic experiences based on cutting-edge television, such as Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon. We embrace the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience. Universal Parks & Resorts adheres to ‘The Universal Way’ by not just meeting guest expectations, but exceeding them, every time. Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Universal Parks & Resorts provides world-class entertainment destinations with signature theme parks that create unparalleled entertainment.
JOB SUMMARY: Formulate and apply advanced analytical approaches such as mathematical optimization, stochastic process models, econometric methods and decision analysis in the development of revenue management models for Universal Express, Foods, and Merchandise. Support and guide Revenue Management Analysts on the use of advanced model development methodologies.
- Formulate and apply advanced analytical approaches such as mathematical optimization, stochastic process models, econometric methods and decision analysis in the development of revenue management models for Universal Express, Foods, and Merchandise. Support and guide Revenue Management Analysts on the use of advanced model development methodologies. Develop strategies that will drive optimal pricing decision making and lead to incremental operating cash flow.
- Establish key performance tracking metrics and monitor ongoing performance; validate and optimize revenue management system assumptions and setting on an ongoing basis. Test new products, adjust price and calculate demand sensitivity to make recommendations and implement changes to optimize profitability. Measure market response at the product and category levels.
- Provide weekly and annual pricing recommendations, collaborate with product owners to refine pricing decisions. Develop and maintain dashboards and reporting to further enhance visibility and transparency to the modeling and performance.
- Trouble shoot forecast and optimization anomalies with revenue management team through the use of statistical and mathematical optimization models. Develop testing to explain and or reduce these anomalies.
SCOPE: Develop Revenue Management models and solutions for Express/Front-of-line, Food, Merchandise and other ancillary products across all domestic parks sales channels.
- High school degree or GED is required.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree is required.
- PhD is preferred.
- MS/PhD degrees in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Management Science, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- The ability to work through complex problems
- Capable of communicating and expressing ideas clearly and concisely, in both written and oral formats.
- Strong interpersonal, technical and presentation skills required.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
IT’S A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2017 Universal Studios. © 2017 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE