Representative, Global Mobility
Universal Parks & Resorts is comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, as well as a new destination coming in 2020 in Beijing, China. We are a universe of opportunities for people who have a lot to offer. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. An individual who knows how to be part of a team. Someone with a sense of fun who’s serious about their work. A person who knows it doesn’t take magic to put a smile on a guest’s face… it takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal attitude. Universal’s theme parks offer exactly the kind of vacation families crave – bringing together popular culture’s most compelling stories, characters and adventures to create some of the world’s most innovative and entertaining attraction experiences. These are immersive, next-level, adventures such as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™, outrageously fun attractions such as Despicable Me Minion Mayhem and highly themed, authentic experiences based on cutting-edge television, such as Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon. We embrace the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience. Universal Parks & Resorts adheres to ‘The Universal Way’ by not just meeting guest expectations, but exceeding them, every time. Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Universal Parks & Resorts provides world-class entertainment destinations with signature theme parks that create unparalleled entertainment.
JOB SUMMARY: The Representative, Global Mobility is responsible for managing the expatriate assignment to deliver a rewarding experience that is aligned with business objectives and compliant with regulatory requirements. Liaises with business leaders and Human Resources (HR) business partners to identify and plan for assignments. Supports the expatriate and their family from planning for an assignment, through the assignment, and repatriating or transferring at the end of an assignment. Supports the reporting, communication, analysis, advisement, service coordination, compliance and assignment management of specified expatriates.
- Understands, analyzes and applies global mobility policies and manages all international assignment activities for specified expatriates. Conducts pre-assignment briefings, periodic checks, post-arrival briefings, extension and repatriation briefings with expatriating team members and their families. Supports expatriates and their families throughout assignments, coordinating on-going service and compliance.
- Assists new hires and team members to obtain proper immigration/work authorization documents and ensures that these documents remain current and updated. Coordinates immigration medical exams and immunizations as needed. Maintains currency in knowledge of immigration law and liaises with immigration counsel to evaluate and manage cases. Recommends immigration actions based on historical, situational and educational backgrounds.
- Liases with immigration, tax, benefits and relocation/destination services providers to plan for assignments/transfers/repatriations, manage services during an assignment and ensure service quality is maintained. Resolves service issues as they arise. Reviews and coordinates approval decisions on exception requests.
- Completes GM Initiation Form and sends authorizations to initiate cost projection and services for immigration, tax, benefits and relocation/destination services. Coordinates payroll transfers, system updates and split payroll changes with HR business partners, HR Ops and Payroll. Completes GM Change Form to instruct personal and/or job changes. Reviews cost projections to update assignment budget. Coordinates the preparation of Letters of Assignment, Secondment Agreements and Employment Contracts, applicable to host country requirements.
- Coordinates and facilitates individual and group communications and meetings. Contributes to the design and maintenance of the GM website. Meets with business, finance and HR business partners to anticipate global mobility support, develop project plans and to provide education on GM processes and frameworks. Works with partners to develop and execute international training programs.
- Develops and maintains GM required reports, budgeting and expense reports, databases, and accurate records for each move as appropriate and required. Monitors and tracks assignment allowances and exchange rate changes. Reviews, approves and tracks vendor pre-bills and invoices. Assists in the tracking and reporting of business travelers, tax settlements and other compliance requirements. Researches employment, tax, immigration and assignment-related considerations for potential new markets and makes recommendations.
- Mentors Coordinators, Global Mobility to develop functional and business knowledge and competencies.
SCOPE: This position will be expected to effectively handle a large volume of non-routine, complex tasks in which general policies need to be applied to frequently changing situations. It may have influence on decisions of a major nature in regards to the global assignments utilized by the company. It will also require a high degree of tact & diplomacy to obtain favorable outcomes and maintain good will amongst assignees, other UPR departments and/or third party service providers. UPR-wide long-term and short-term expatriates will be assigned evenly among the incumbents in this role.
- Strong client service, responsiveness and sense of urgency
- Ability to organize and analyze data, including presentation materials and communications pieces
- Broad base knowledge of remuneration, benefits, international payroll, mobility and service models
- Broad base knowledge of immigration law
- Broad base knowledge of tax compliance
- Strong communicating, interpersonal and teaming skills
- Financial acumen and analytical skills
- Solid research and problem solving skills
- Strong vendor management
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Results-oriented, pragmatic ability to make the complex understandable
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Tax, Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field is required.
- 1-3 years of relevant employee relations, compensation and/or human resource business partner required
- 1-3 years of relevant global mobility, expatriate management or tax preferred
- Previous finance or tax experience strongly preferred
- Previous experience in international human resources and/or international payroll issues strongly preferred
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Global Remuneration or Mobility Certification is preferred.
- Multi-lingual skills related to Universal Parks & Resorts business is especially useful
- Ability to travel occasionally
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
IT’S A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2018 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE