Senior Programmer Analyst, Hadoop
Universal Parks & Resorts is comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, as well as a new destination coming in 2020 in Beijing, China. We are a universe of opportunities for people who have a lot to offer. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. An individual who knows how to be part of a team. Someone with a sense of fun who’s serious about their work. A person who knows it doesn’t take magic to put a smile on a guest’s face… it takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal attitude. Universal’s theme parks offer exactly the kind of vacation families crave – bringing together popular culture’s most compelling stories, characters and adventures to create some of the world’s most innovative and entertaining attraction experiences. These are immersive, next-level, adventures such as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™, outrageously fun attractions such as Despicable Me Minion Mayhem and highly themed, authentic experiences based on cutting-edge television, such as Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon. We embrace the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience. Universal Parks & Resorts adheres to ‘The Universal Way’ by not just meeting guest expectations, but exceeding them, every time. Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Universal Parks & Resorts provides world-class entertainment destinations with signature theme parks that create unparalleled entertainment.
JOB SUMMARY: Monitor and maintain all the data platform and analytical processes which includes the Hadoop Data Lake ecosystem. This is a support administration role with the potential of some development responsibilities on minor enhancements and break/fixes. Ensure all system issues are resolved in a timely manner. Leverage standard Issue, Problem and Change Management ITIL toolset in tracking and providing status on support work activities. Coordinate the necessary operations documentation and standards required for compliance and identified best practices. Perform all software upgrades and patching partnering with the necessary Infrastructure teams. Provide work estimates as needed. Facilitate and lead meetings with end users. Keeps management, team members and business stakeholders informed of critical issues, status, changes, etc.
- Monitor and ensure stability of the customer / campaign management data platforms/environments/processes in order to meet the defined SLA.
- Partner with various business partners to gather requirements for minor enhancements.
- Work effectively with other Technology Operations/Infrastructure and the responsible technology/3rd party support teams to ensure continued operations and maintenance of customer / campaign management data platforms/environments/processes.
- Support Release Management and Change Control processes along with other UPT Compliance Initiatives.
- Partner with various business partners to debug, test, develop and implement fixes for the customer / campaign management data platforms/environments/processes.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree – Technical degree or highly relevant equivalent experience is required.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience working as part of large Information Technology teams and/or consulting organizations partnering with clients/business groups to support complex Big Data platform and analytical environment.
- Proven technical expertise with Horton Works Hadoop. Certifications a plus for the Horton Works Administrator track for HDP 2.5 or later.
- 2+ years’ experience in operational support of HDFS and edge applications.
- Experience identifying and resolving issues using Hortonworks Ambari.
- Knowledge in supporting and troubleshooting security issues on systems using Kerberos, Ranger, Centrify and Knox.
- Core knowledge of JDBC and ODBC communications.
- 2+ years’ experience in & In-depth knowledge of Linux, Python, Java, Spark 2.0, Nifi, Hbase and Hive experience.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality technical documentation.
- Strong knowledge of systems development and project management Agile methodologies/processes.
- Able to understand and interpret Entity-Relationship, logical and physical data models.
- Able to work with various platforms and databases (i.e. DB2, SQL Server). Able to write complex SQL and leverage backend databases.
- Participate in an on-call rotation and available to work off-hours and weekends.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to make effective decisions while working through complex system issues.
- Must be able to utilize and effectively communicate functional and technical components of an initiative to applicable parties both verbally and through documentation.
- Attention to detail, good analytical and problem solving skills and critical thinking
- Self-starter/motivator and have a proactive, agile and strategic mindset.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical field.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
IT’S A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2017 Universal Studios. © 2017 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE