Costume and Fabrication Specialist
Universal Orlando Resort® is a universe of opportunities for people who have a lot to offer. It takes a special kind of person to work at Universal Orlando. An individual who knows how to be part of a team. Someone with a sense of fun who’s serious about their work. A person who knows it doesn’t take magic to put a smile on a guest’s face… it takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal attitude. Whether you’re serving food, working in an office, maintaining equipment, performing in costume or operating a ride, you won’t just be ‘doing a job.’ You’ll be creating memories for our guests that will last a lifetime. Are YOU that kind of person?
Costume Specialist: Costume Specialists are responsible for issuing costumes and maintaining the quality and inventory of Universal Orlando’s costumes by cleaning the costumes.
Essential Duties Include:
- Cleans and maintains all costume pieces through hand washing, machine washing, spot cleaning and sending out dry cleaning.
- Monitors inventory for wear and tear and request replacements as needed
- Presets costumes daily by grouping all costume pieces for each performer.
- Issues costumes to performers.
- Delivers and picks up costumes as needed to and from various locations (both on property entertainment venues and off site storage locations). (Will require a valid Florida state driver’s license.)
- Communicates in a friendly, respectful and understandable manner while politely giving consistent, timely and accurate information to our Team Members.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of the costuming work area.
- Monitors dry cleaning and repair orders to include: checking orders in upon return from vendor and notifying management of discrepancies.
- Observes character sets or shows for costume appearance notes and relay those observations to management.
- Accurate completion of daily paperwork, including hours documentation (DSR), seamstress and tech repairs.
Costume Fabrication Specialist: Costume Fabrication (Seamstresses) create costumes and make complex alterations on costume pieces for all venues.
Essential Duties Include:
- Cuts costume pieces with knowledge of grain, knap and fabric saving techniques
- Stitches and completes finishing work on costumes through hand stitching and use of industrial machinery. Repairing and mending existing costumes at Fabrication, Service Area, or on location for marquee events.
- Fits and alters newly fabricated and purchased costumes and complex alterations to existing costumes. Also responsible for the fitting and alterations for new shows and projects.
- Irons, washes, or dyes fabric for costumes as needed for fabrication projects.
- Performs craft or millinery work. Including work with basic foams and adhesive.
- Assists in cleanliness and organization of the work areas.
- Performs accurate logging of daily work product.
Positions in Costuming require:
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift and or move between 25 and 50 pounds
- Working outdoors in all weather conditions (select positions)
- Maintaining a clean work environment with use of cleaning chemicals
- Valid Florida Driver’s License (Costume Specialist)
IT’S A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2017 Universal Studios. © 2017 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE