Universal Orlando Resort® is a universe of opportunities for people who have a lot to offer. It takes a special kind of person to work at Universal Orlando. An individual who knows how to be part of a team. Someone with a sense of fun who’s serious about their work. A person who knows it doesn’t take magic to put a smile on a guest’s face… it takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal attitude. Whether you’re serving food, working in an office, maintaining equipment, performing in costume or operating a ride, you won’t just be ‘doing a job.’ You’ll be creating memories for our guests that will last a lifetime. Are YOU that kind of person?
Security supports areas in the Park, City Walk, Resorts, and Volcano Bay!
Explore in all areas of the Universe!
SECURITY OFFICER: Protecting Responsible for the safety and security of Universal Orlando’s guests, employees and company assets.
Essential Duties Include:
- Assures the security and safety of the guests and employees by observing and monitoring for unsafe or threatening conditions.
- Escorts cash drops, money transfers, building checks and safe checks on property during and after hours.
- Assists with crowd control during peak attendance periods and special events.
- Responds to incidents such as traffic accidents, theft or property damage, disorderly conduct by a guest or employee, and follows up with a written report.
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Positions in Security require:
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift and or move between 20 and 40 pounds
- Working outdoors in all weather conditions (select positions)
- Maintaining a clean work environment with use of cleaning chemicals
- Sitting for prolonged periods
- Walking for prolonged periods (including ability to walk at a given pace that is predetermined by a moving sidewalk)
- Hearing audible alarms, voice commands with background noise
- Repeating motions more than twice per minute
- Ability to maintain concentration/focus (e.g., ability to interpret the work environment and make decisions on predetermined operating policies and procedure)
- Noise Level-Loud Noise (Noise when raised conversation is needed)
- Ability to maintain alertness and attentiveness up to 4 hours while working varying hours
- Repetition-using an input device-a keyboard or mouse-in a steady manner
- Will require a valid Florida state driver’s license
IT’S A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2017 Universal Studios. © 2017 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE