Coordinator, IT Service Desk
Universal Orlando Resort® is a universe of opportunities for people who have a lot to offer. It takes a special kind of person to work at Universal Orlando. An individual who knows how to be part of a team. Someone with a sense of fun who’s serious about their work. A person who knows it doesn’t take magic to put a smile on a guest’s face… it takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal attitude. Whether you’re serving food, working in an office, maintaining equipment, performing in costume or operating a ride, you won’t just be ‘doing a job.’ You’ll be creating memories for our guests that will last a lifetime. Are YOU that kind of person?
JOB SUMMARY: Provides first-level 24/7 support over the phone and email for all Universal Orlando team members as well as 3rd party vendors and remote users. Includes troubleshooting and resolving problems, generating and monitoring trouble tickets (via the incident management system) and serves as the single point of contact for all IT related issues. Performs daily scheduled Data Center procedures following documented processes to comply with audit controls. Works with 3rd party vendors, remote users and communicates with customers including, at times, top level executives.
- Troubleshoots problems via phone and email concerning network, PC hardware and software including industry standard applications and UO custom applications, cell phone, phone, voicemail, POS systems for foods, merchandise and ticketing utilizing prior work experience, knowledge and training.
- Resolves user permission issues on multiple systems including, but not limited to, ISeries, JDA, Windows, VPN and industry standard applications. Resolve issues including application errors, Outlook issues, POS problems and reprocessing. Assists users experiencing network printer errors by troubleshooting the printer and delivering appropriate corrective action.
- Provides customer service as the primary interface between IT and the business. Creates, assigns, prioritizes, and follows up on trouble tickets and requests using the incident management software. Communicates and coordinates ticket escalations, updates and outages with IT. Communicates ticket descriptions, updates, ETA’s, resolution explanations and outage notifications with the business.
- Performs daily and weekly scheduled procedures for Data Center operations including, but not limited to, routine core systems maintenance, tape management, daily financial processing and reporting for foods, merchandise and ticketing as well as ISeries maintenance and monitoring.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and Team Member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
COMPLEXITY OF WORK: Moderately routine; general policies applied. Some decision-making.
RELATIONSHIPS OUTSIDE WORK UNIT: Exchange of information, which occasionally requires tact and/or diplomacy. Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information such as financial, personal data and future projects.
- High school degree or GED is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 1-3 years previous Help Desk experience with PC hardware, software, Knowledge of Microsoft operating system and Microsoft Office is required.
- A+ and Net+ certifications are preferred.
Preferable skills for success in role includes but not limited to:
- Required knowledge of desktop, network computer systems, Windows XP and Windows 7 operating systems, Active Directory and Microsoft Office 2003, 2007 and 2010.
- Preferred knowledge of POS systems, VPN and ISeries.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write detailed correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and at times, involved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations as well as problems that are undocumented and fairly complex as technology evolves and new systems implemented.
- Solid written and verbal skills.
- Consistent attendance.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
IT’S A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2017 Universal Studios. © 2017 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE