CityWalk – General Manager, Restaurant
Over the years, we’ve created a legacy of delivering unforgettable experiences to our guests. To do so, we have needed to create a workplace where our Team Members can effectively work toward a common goal – to become the # 1 entertainment destination in the world. This is especially true at Universal CityWalk. Over the past 3 years Universal CityWalk has welcomed more than 12 new restaurants to its already amazing line up of immersive dining experiences, including The NBC Sports Grill & Brew, The Cowfish Burger Sushi Bar and Vivo Italian Kitchen. It takes a special kind of leader to ensure that dedication to providing world class service and hospitality is maintained.
Restaurant General Managers are responsible for overseeing the overall operation of their respective venues while contributing to the unsurpassed guest service CityWalk is known for. They ensure their venues run efficiently by providing exceptional leadership, developing their Team Members (both hourly and salaried), effectively managing the business to ensure positive performance to budget and standards.
Restaurant General Managers at Universal Orlando are responsible for:
- Maintain aggressive efforts to achieve or exceed budgeted sales and profit goals.
- Management of food, beverage and labor costs through proper and hands on monitoring of all policies and procedures.
- Ensure the highest quality food, beverage, service, sanitation, safety and retail standards are maintained.
- Remain in strict accordance with all State of Florida Beverage laws by ensuring the responsible vendor program is administered.
- Strictly enforce all cash handling procedures, purchasing and receiving procedures and accounting policies.
- Assist in recruitment, training, developing, coaching ,and evaluating employees and Assistant Managers in all aspects of business.
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and Team Member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of Managers, customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations and to draw and interpret spread sheets.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations where only limited standardization exists.
- PeopleSoft coded knowledge, skills and abilities: Communicate Clearly with Team, Customer Service Orientation, Flexibility, Labor Law, Health and Safety, Department Administration, Business Analysis, Budgeting, Electronic Mail, Conceptual Thinking, Developing Others, Microsoft Office, Business Planning, Forecasting, Management, Sales Management, Operations Experience, Creativity, Organization Skills, Resource Planning, Planning and Scheduling, Analytical Thinking, Current on Industry Trends, Negotiate, Writing.
Consistent attendance is a job requirement.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university required.
- Five to seven years high volume, full service restaurant management experience required.
- Experience overseeing multiple units/venues preferred.
- Florida Food Manager Certificates required
- Knowledge of financial and labor costs a must.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is required to:
- Regularly (2/3 of the time or more) lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time) stand; walk; talk and hear.
- Occasionally (1/3 of the time or less) sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; reach with hands and arms; and taste or smell.
- While performing this job, the noise level in the work environment is loud.
(Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
If you are interested in this position and you have what it takes to be a part of Universal Orlando, click on “Apply Now”. If not, please check out our Job Search to explore other opportunities within our universe. We regret that due to the volume of responses only applicants of interest will be contacted.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2017 Universal Studios. All right reserved. EOE