Designer II (Universal Creative)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* As directed by the Show Producer, Creative Director, or the lead Designer, supports development, and assembly of show set design packages. With the design team develops design elements through various phases. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to preparing AutoCAD drawings from existing sketches, modifying existing drawings or lay outs, participating in brainstorm sessions, creating sketches, storyboards, points of view (POVs), renderings, 3D models, illustrations, drawings, plans, sections and elevations.
* Responsible for developing creative design, color boards, sketching, drafting, models and other creative output that outline solutions to integrate elements into a themed environment.
* As directed by the Creative Director, maintains the integrity on the envisioned design, preserving a cohesive design in all elements associated with the project through various phases of project development.
* As part of the team, coordinates design drawings with project partners, departments, disciplines, and personnel.
* Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities (KSAs) required (examples: knowledge of specific aspects of an industry, technical knowledge and/or skills, communication skills, analytical skills, problem solving ability, multi-tasking ability… )
Must be a creative thinker and problem solver with strong technical ability with various design techniques/tools such as show set / scenic design and drafting, 3D modeling, architectural design, and/or others. Must have strong communication and collaboration skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
Consistent attendance is a job requirement.
EDUCATION: Associate’s degree required. Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Fine Arts, Design, Theater, Graphics or Computer Technology or degree in other related field is preferred or combination of education and experience.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 3-5 years within attraction development environment or similar preferably within a Theme Park environment required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have successfully designed, developed and assembled several project show set design packages; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Works with limited supervision and is further expected to exercise creativity and originality based upon experience.
We regret, due to the volume of responses, only applicants of interest will be contacted. Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
To go directly to this position cut and paste the Job Posting number: 22416BR
IT’S A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2017 Universal Studios. © 2017 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE