- Analyzes network needs, formulates business solutions using cost justification techniques, and implements solutions. Design/develop wired/wireless network architecture to support new technology, business solutions, or new venues. Provide 2nd-level support on attraction network infrastructure including Industrial IP support.
- Troubleshoots network and communication problems related to Local Wired, Wireless, and Wide Area Networks. Provides support for network users, partners, and third-party vendors. Respond to emergency network outages. Configure switches and routers to support business requirements and special events. Perform packet sniffing and analysis to troubleshoot data, network, and transport level issues. Support attraction Industrial IP networks.
- Leads and assists with special projects from start to completion. Work with all project teams to understand requirements, formulate networking solution, implement, and support solution. Responsible for successful network implementation supporting the respective projects deliverable. Test and develop new technology in accordance to UPR-IT Mission Statement and business goals. Assist in the operational, strategic planning, and business continuity / disaster recovery solution.
- Assists in design, implementation and documentation of network infrastructure (both logical and physical).
SCOPE: This position serves as the subject matter expert and is responsible for all aspects of UPR data network (wired/wireless). Provides design, installation, and configuration of all network devices. Provides 2nd-level support on attraction network infrastructure (wired/wireless). A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Replace non-functioning network devices within SLA’s. Build/Expand network for new venues/attractions. Change network port assignments based on device requirements – General, Dirty, Voice, PCI, Secure, Guest, and Partner. Troubleshoot network communications to the transport layer. QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3 – 7 years managing/supporting Cisco network infrastructure
- Strong understanding of network design and topology
- Experience troubleshooting Cisco switches and routers
- Cisco platform experience (WiFi, Security, Datacenter, VoIP)
EDUCATION: Associate’s degree (AA) required. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Cisco Certified Network Associate – Routing and Switching. Cisco Certified Network Associate certification in the following (Wireless, Security, VoIP, Datacenter)
EXPERIENCE: 2-5 years’ experience supporting Cisco networks (routers, switches). 1-3 years’ experience working on Cisco wireless, security, VoIP, or Datacenter; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Round-robin on-call schedule
We regret, due to the volume of responses, only applicants of interest will be contacted. Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
To go directly to this position cut and paste the Job Posting number: 31444BR
IT’S A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2017 Universal Studios. © 2017 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE