CityWalk – Restaurant Manager
SUMMARY: Supervises overall operation of a specific food service unit and/or stand. Directs activities of all staff within area of responsibility. Accountable for unit sales, direct operating expenses, food cost and quality, profitability, and guest satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable for all facets of service, production, quality, and controls and ensures policies and procedures of the tour & food service departments are followed. Remains accountable for all sales and operating transactions in compliance with policies/procedures.
- Prepare service and production staff schedules in accordance with forecasted business volume.
- Plan for and ensure that all service personnel, facilities, and materials are in complete readiness for operation.
- Alter production and employee needs with varying daily business volume and monitor all direct operating expenses for the area of responsibility.
- Enforce established safety practices and ensure that all productivity and quality standards are maintained.
- Maintain food and supplies par stocks; completes requisition forms accordingly and completes physical inventories.
- Conduct meeting with staff at regular intervals, complete all required forms and paperwork.
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established Universal Orlando policy, procedures, training and Team Member involvement activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Responsible for multiple food service units. Directly supervises at least 2 Assistant Managers and a staff of up to 100 employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- PeopleSoft coded knowledge, skills and abilities: Communicate Clearly with Team, Customer Service Orientation, Flexibility, Department Administration, Business Analysis, Budgeting, Electronic Mail, Conceptual Thinking, Developing Others, provides Direction, Microsoft Office, Business Planning, Forecasting, Management, Sales Management, Operations Experience, Operations Experience, Creativity, Organization Skills, Resource Planning, Planning and Scheduling, Analytical Thinking, Current on Industry Trends, Negotiate, Writing.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Consistent attendance is a job requirement.
- High school degree or GED with some college education in food service required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred from a four year college or university, preferably in hospitality required.
- One to three years practical experience and supervisory experience an asset.
- Three to five years previous restaurant experience preferred.
- Knowledge of financial and labor costs a must.
- Must be able to run a shift without any supervision; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is required to:
- Regularly (2/3 of the time or more) lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time) stand; walk; talk and hear.
- Occasionally (1/3 of the time or less) sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; reach with hands and arms; and taste or smell.
- While performing this job, the noise level in the work environment is loud.
(Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
If you are interested in this position and you have what it takes to be a part of Universal Orlando, click on “Apply Now”. If not, please check out our Job Search to explore other opportunities within our universe. We regret that due to the volume of responses only applicants of interest will be contacted.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2017 Universal Studios. All right reserved. EOE