Volcano Bay – Restaurant Greeter
Imagine you have set sail and arrive in a lush, tropical paradise. Here, you can join our guests in the fun and help make their voyage unforgettable. Be one of the first to join the Volcano Bay team – Universal’s first ever water theme park – and have the adventure of a lifetime.
SUMMARY: Provides friendly, courteous assistance to guests while answering questions and directing guests within the restaurant. Maintains internal and external crowd control and line speed as guests enter and exit the restaurant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enthusiastically greets and welcomes guests as they enter the venue. Answers questions about the specific operation & possesses full knowledge of products served.
- Maintains orderly queues. Monitors and measures wait times. Sets up and removes stanchions, ropes and pole as needed to appropriately configure the length of the outdoor queue.
- Provides exemplary guest service at all times and scans the area for potential service cues that could lead to a positive service experience for our guests.
- Maintains a clean work environment. Constantly monitors immediate area and surroundings for trash and debris and assists in its removal as needed.
- Coordinates the orderly movement of people entering and exiting the queue by monitoring table turns, walking the dining room, and understanding service capacities.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established Universal Orlando policy, procedures, training and Team Member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required:
Consistent attendance is a job requirement.
- High school degree or GED: Preferred.
- Six months to one year of customer service experience is preferred.
- Previous food and beverage experience helpful; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is required to:
- Be exposed to noise (example: having to raise voice to communicate to team members near by).
- Work with chemicals and/or chemical related fumes.
- Work with compressed gas cylinders or tanks.
(Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
If you are interested in this position and you have what it takes to be a part of Universal Orlando, click on “Apply Now”. If not, please check out our Job Search to explore other opportunities within our universe. We regret that due to the volume of responses only applicants of interest will be contacted.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2017 Universal Studios. All right reserved. EOE